Have you always imagined life on the water? Located off the coast of mainland Washington on Fidalgo Island, Anacortes offers the perfect setting for outdoor enthusiasts who want to live within minutes of North Puget Sound or the Swinomish Channel. Consult The Groesbeck Group when searching for the most desirable water view homes in Anacortes, WA.
Waterfront homes in Anacortes, WA
While it's all about the breathtaking view when it comes to water view homes for sale in Anacortes, WA, homeowners also appreciate the unmatched amenities for water recreation. Many properties offer backyard docks, direct access to the town's several marinas, and even integrated boat slips. You'll find homes with wrap-around decks, master-level gardens, chef's kitchens, glass-walled sunrooms, and skylights.
Whether you picture a quiet retreat or a resplendent estate with space to entertain, you'll find it when shopping for real estate in Anacortes. Buyers can choose from custom homes, condos, cozy cottages, and even tracts of open land. No matter what type of property you prefer, you'll be living in one of the best-kept coastal secrets in the United States.
THE GROESBECK GROUP is your Anacortes Real Estate Guide to the many peaceful communities in this sought-after island enclave.
Waterfront Communities in Anacortes, WA
- Biz Point, with unmatched views of Burrows Bay and San Juan Islands beyond. Homeowners here have boat moorage in Langley Bay and private access to Alexander Beach.
- Cap Sante, a rocky peninsula just a mile from the restaurants and shops in vibrant downtown Anacortes. This spot, a mecca for boaters and hikers alike, offers dramatic sunrise views.
- Del Mar is a group of several communities along the island's western shore. Residents enjoy private access to two beaches and outstanding resort amenities including a full marina.
- Dewey Beach offers panoramic vistas with glimpses of bald eagles and other wildlife. Those who buy water view homes in Anacortes, WA, here are also just minutes from Deception Point State Park.
- Gilbrater is an attractive community for residents who want bay and backyard beach access. You'll also appreciate the majestic views of Mount Baker and the opportunity to spot the resident whales and orcas who live off the coast of Anacortes.
Anacortes is ideal for those who enjoy the outdoors, great restaurants, boating, hiking, fishing, and fantastic scenery. Anacortes is surrounded by the waters of the North Puget Sound and the Swinomish Channel, with Guemes Island and the other San Juan Islands scattered around it. Water view homes in Anacortes WA are highly desired.
Anacortes is located on Fidalgo Island which is part of the San Juan Islands. Fidalgo Island has three bridges off the island. One connects Fidalgo Island with I-5 via HWY 20, one bridge allows Anacortes homeowners to take the back roads to La Conner, and the third bridge to Fidalgo Island allows Anacortes homeowners to go to Whidbey Island.
Within Anacortes, there are almost 2,800 acres of forest, lakes, wetlands, and meadows enjoyed by visitors and Anacortes homeowners. These are the Anacortes Community Forest Lands (ACFL), a natural resource protected by the Fidalgo Island community itself and a favorite haunt of Anacortes nature lovers. Aside from the ACFL and its 50 miles of trails, there are 18 parks of various sizes in and around Anacortes, giving residents here an abundance of choices for outdoor recreation venues. These outdoor opportunities are located near water-view homes for sale in Anacortes, WA.
Marinas in Anacortes, WA
Cap Sante Marina, Anacortes Marina, Fidalgo Marina, Anchor Cove Marina, and Skyline Marina are the main places to anchor up if you don't know someone with a private dock to share. Many Anacortes homes have their own dock! Anacortes’ saltwater shoreline extends for 12 and a half miles.
Freshwater lakes in Anacortes, WA
Campbell, Cranberry, Erie, Heart, and Whistle. Campbell Lake is motor friendly for wakeboarding and waterskiing fun while Heart lake is stocked annually with rainbow trout for the fishing lovers out there! Cranberry Lake is a popular place for swimming as well as Whistle Lake which features cliffs for diving. Whether you’re into hiking, biking, rock climbing, kayaking, boating, angling, deep water fishing, wildlife watching, or all of the above, you’ll always have something to do if you own a home in Anacortes.
Anacortes is the best place to call home wherever your next trip takes you. Please contact us for any of your real estate needs or for more information on the beautiful community of Anacortes, WA.
About the Neighborhood